Sunday, February 19, 2012

Wargames Factory Romans, rough colors blocked in.

I squeezed in some painting time this weekend and managed to get some of the major blocking done on these WGF Romans.  I painted individual fantasy figures for decades, so switching to large massed ranks for ancients was a big change for me. I adopted a quick, assembly line style paint job to get units on the table, but before getting any washes or highlights on them, I always feel like I'm doing a crummy job. Once I've got the flesh tones on and a few colors for gear or clothing, I can see the potential for the final product which makes the rest of the painting process easier.

2 comments:

  1. I'm enjoying reading about your foray into Hail Caesar with the WGF Romans. I just finished 10 units of them myself. Mine are based for Impetus, but my buddy and I are going to be giving HC a go within the next couples of weeks.

    Your method for painting them is very similar to mine. The only difference is that rather than priming black, I spray mine with a flat brown paint from Rustoleum. I really hate painting all the fiddly leather bits, and I find the brown makes a good base for the flesh and cloth.

    Keep the posts coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob! I've made some more headway on these and looking forward to getting them based and on the table this month :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...