Sunday, September 14, 2014

Barrage 2014


I've been to the three HMGS conventions several times, but this weekend my son and I visited our first smaller local con. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but the large number of games, vendor tables and the relaxed atmosphere at Barrage made the trip worth the drive.  Check out my pics after the jump.

Most of my painting time over the last month hasn't been with a Windsor & Newton #0, but with this:


...so getting a chance to get away and check out some miniatures and games was a welcome break.

The HAWKs great big dungeon bash

I've played this at Historicon. Lots of fun.


Muskets and Tomahawks I believe.

Ancient naval battle. The ship models and islands were great. Looked like a lot of fun!


Epic 40K



My son and I got to play a Pirates themed Lego game.

One of the vendors had a demo version of X-Wing to play. We tried out a few of the new ships from the latest wave.
We love this game!

Rain, traffic and the short attention span of a 6 year old resulted in only a brief visit, but we both had fun and are hoping to return next year for a full day of gaming.

4 comments:

  1. The paint roller is an interesting idea. Were you able to get a lot of detail on the figures with it?

    I also am beginning to see the value in smaller cons over the huge HMGS extravaganzas. I used to like to go because of the flea markets and the dealers, but the flea marketeers have begun to climb out of my price range--the dealers did a long time ago--and there's not that much I want to buy anymore anyway.

    Added to this is the level of noise and tension in a big con, which makes gaming there less than desirable. I'll still always go to Hcon because I run the flea market and I get spend time with folks like Richard Borg, who doesn't come to the others, But as far as the other two are concerned....

    Best regards,

    Chris

    P.S. I really like your dungeon for kids rules--I plan to use them with my grandson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you enjoyed the day, and also X-wing. It's become something of a father-kid hit in my gang.

    FMB

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could use your paint roller when I get around to painting Austrians

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog.Love your work. I will start follow your projects from now on. :)

    ReplyDelete