The stars aligned this year and I'm finally able to participate in the Analogue Hobbies Painting Challenge. The challenge runs from December 20 to March 20, and participants score points for painting up figures during that timeframe. There are prizes for those who manage to hit various point thresholds, duels between various challengers and thematic bonus rounds, but it's primarily a fun diversion for the miniature painting community to help motivate each other in getting our figures painted up. I've been an observer for the last 4 or 5 challenges, but a variety of work and life situations always prevented me from signing up. This year I finally get to take a shot at it.
Here's what I'm hoping to finish during the challenge:
- Fireforge Medieval Foot x48 (240 points)
- Gripping Beast Arab Foot x40 (200 points)
- Fireforge Cavalry x12 (120 points)
- Rogue Trader era GW figures x20 (100 points)
- Ancient Spanish Foot x16 (80 points)
- Ancient Numidian Elephants x2 (30 points?? They're pretty beefy)